this & that
- "For next steps in Congo, listen to the Congolese."
- The auditors at Elm Consulting have put together a critical evaluation of Enough's ranking system of electronics companies' behavior on the conflict minerals question. Money quote: "Our review found that the rankings: Reflect outdated and incomplete information, Appear to contain bias, and Are inconsistent in applying their scoring system." Read my previous criticism of the rankings system here.
- Jason Stearns two-part interview with the UN Group of Experts on DRC is well worth your time. Part one here and part two here.
- If I had a dollar for every time a student wrote "economical" when he meant "economic," I would have several more dollars than I do today.
- Duncan Green on the moral imperative to end hunger.