"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

3.13.2011

friendly competition

All right, interwebs friends, I've been thinking about doing this for years, but this time I finally got around to it. It's time for the NCAA basketball tournament and I think a friendly bracket competition is in order. I've created a group over at ESPN's Tournament Challenge called AidBloggers2011. All you have to do is create an account over there, join the group, and make your tournament picks before the first game on Thursday morning. A few caveats:
  1. One entry per person.
  2. Please register using your Twitter or blog handle if you have one so everyone knows who's playing.
  3. Brackets lock before the first game tips off on Thursday.
  4. You can't move another bracket from another group into this one after the first game tips off on Thursday.
  5. Nothing locks and nothing counts with regards to the play-in game on Tuesday.
The winner will receive an awesome prize package of various SWEDOW items, including an Ace of Base cassette tape and a broken pedometer. If you have SWEDOW to contribute for the winning prize, shoot me an email and I'll let you know where to send it.

If you're not American and/or not obsessed with the NCAA tournament, I'd still encourage you to enter. The person who wins these pools is almost always someone who has no clue whatsoever about the teams and picks based on the team uniform colors.

5 Comments:

Anonymous theblogrebel said...

I got Old Dungeons & Dragon stuff and wargames from high school in the early 80's.

Monday, March 14, 2011 11:10:00 AM

 
Anonymous Ken said...

It's taken me six years to finally catch the March madness.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Cameron McD said...

I'll look through my clothes and see if I can find a Saint's jersey.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Ash said...

When my car broke down in Bukavu this morning I got a ride with one of my (Congolese) colleagues.

Playing in the car cassette player: The Greatest Hits of Ace of Base.

SWEDOW? Not over here!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:27:00 AM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

That cassette is a classic! :)

Friday, March 18, 2011 6:50:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home