this & that
- The Economist has a really strong piece putting the use of rape as a weapon of war into context. Summary: the Congolese didn't invent it and addressing the problem is really complicated. (Um, friends at the Economist, Bukavu's in South Kivu, not North Kivu.)
- Louisa Lombard's excellent report on the CAR's recent elections.
- Social scientists, Marc Bellemare has some fantastic handouts for students on linear regression and causality.
- On corruption, development, and Nigeria.
- Rebecca Hamilton on Abyei.
- Two Lessons from Tunisia from the great Nick Van de Walle.