"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)



I didn't quite get all the minerals week posts done before leaving Kampala, so minerals week will resume next week. In the mean time, you can take comfort in knowing that the Atlanta immigration officer who welcomed me back to the United States asked what I'd been doing in the "Dominican Republic of Congo" this summer.* Your tax dollars at work.

*Although, in his defense, I suppose "Dominican" is about as apt a modifier as "Democratic" in this case.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, I found your posts very informative and inspiring in many cases. You live on the edge!! I hope that we will be able to her a lectur with photos on your experiences this summer.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:26:00 PM

Blogger Rachel said...

welcome back :) :) :)

Friday, July 30, 2010 12:12:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home