this & that
- Burundi's President Pierre Nkurunziza is counting on God and popularity to get himself re-elected. I'm not sure God would really appreciate being blamed for the vote-rigging and opposition intimidation that would actually ensure a Nkurunziza win. But maybe it's just me.
- Speaking of, here's a useful primer on Burundi's upcoming district elections.
- Bill Easterly reflects on his skepticism.
- At least 54 people were killed in a landslide on the slopes of Congo's Nyiragongo volcano. 250 homes were destroyed and an estimated 5,000 people are impacted.
- An update on the integration of Congo's armed groups.
- Here's a nice piece on changes in the nature of Somali piracy.