this & that
- Via Making Sense of Sudan, the Electionnaire is a cool way to figure out your preferred Sudanese political party.
- This post on media freedom from Rwanda's Minister of Foreign Affairs is pretty hilarious, if you know what media freedom in Rwanda is actually like.
- Thoughts on the challenge of photographing people in Africa in such a way that does not exoticize them, their surroundings, or their lives.
- This is a rather alarming public health/anti-corruption announcement.
- Having "worked"* in capacity-building for what we used to call the CIS (back when we really did call it the CIS), I can say that this is without a doubt the single most accurate description of the job I've ever seen. (*And by "worked," of course, I mean "interned," although that particular office gave an alarming degree of responsibility to a twenty-one year old intern who had *no* prior experience with the region.)
- Here's a neat story about father-daughter bonding.
- Apparently Methodists are the buffer zone.
- Free advice for American conservatives in the wake of the health care bill's passage.