"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


coming attractions

I'm speaking on the keynote panel at the University of Michigan Interdisciplinary Conference on Poverty & Inequality this Friday at 3pm in 4154 LSA. The panel topic is "Poverty and Natural Disasters in the Developing World: Haiti and Beyond." I'll be speaking on what we can learn about disaster response from people who live in poverty. Hope to see some of you there!


Anonymous Sean said...

Just when I left Michigan for New York. Hopefully another time. Good luck.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:49:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Thanks! I failed to mention the part where I feel like I'm going to be sick or that butterflies will fly out of my mouth every time I think about it. :)

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:14:00 PM

Blogger Jessie said...

That's great! Too bad I'm nowhere close to Michigan! I'd love to read some lecture notes or powerpoint slides if you are so inclined;)

Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:16:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home