"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


we interrupt our regular coverage...

...to point out that nobody rammer jammers for the Alabama Crimson Tide in utero. Go Texas!!! Hook 'em Horns!!!


OpenID newsoutofafrica said...

Texas in Africa,
I only found your blog about a month ago, but I have been enjoying it immensely. It's been hugely informative and often provides a laugh or two as well!

I'm very interested in the issues you discuss, as I majored in African Studies as an undergraduate, have studied abroad in and traveled around Africa (mostly East), and am now in the process of applying to graduate programs to make a career in working with refugees (I currently work in resettlement domestically), hopefully in East or Central Africa.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that it has been so interesting to hear about the work that you do. I really admire your scrupulous fact checking and research, and the way that you really try to help people understand the complexity of issues that get glossed over on tv and in the press. Keep up the good work!


Friday, January 08, 2010 4:27:00 AM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Thanks for reading, Amani! Best of luck with grad school apps.

Monday, January 11, 2010 9:41:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home