this & that
- Here's a nice takedown of the American media's somewhat irresponsible coverage of the Haiti disaster. Every report I hear from the ground says that Port-au-Prince is calm and that people aren't rioting. But you wouldn't know that from watching CNN.
- "Should Cruise Ships Stop in Haiti?"
- al Bashir says that South Sudan would be allowed to secede should it vote to do so.
- Some helpful thoughts on a tough question: is it worth spending resources on search and rescue efforts that save relatively few people?
- GREAT points on child protection issues in a disaster situation.
- You knew this would happen eventually: a law professor has filed a complaint against prominent members of the George W. Bush administration (including W himself) with the ICC.