"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


this & that


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey TiA,

Thanks for another set of always interesting links. I appreciate them, as my Reader is full of Feeds more related to my work.

I'm sure you've seen it first-hand as well, but the UN presence (& lifestyle) in NBI was always discouraging to me and friends from other NGOs.

Sorry about your boy, Colt--he seems like a good kid, even if UT Sucks!

Boomer Sooner!


Saturday, January 09, 2010 8:29:00 AM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Thanks, James. My feelings about the national championship game are similar to my feelings about this year's Texas-OU game: we'll never really know which was the better team, all because one outstanding player got knocked out too soon.

I lived in Nairobi before democratization, when things were much less cushy (Imagine a world with no Java House!) and much more dangerous. Even then, as you say, the disparity between UN lifestyles and those of everyone else was remarkable.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 1:05:00 PM

Blogger Rachel said...

Hey! That's exciting. I love your blog -- thanks for the link!

Monday, January 11, 2010 2:12:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home