this & that
- South Africa dropped criminal corruption charges against ANC leader Jacob Zuma on Monday. Which will make it considerably easier for him to become president after the April 22 elections. And I quote, "After the announcement, there were celebrations across the country with thousands dancing in jubilation and singing Mr. Zuma’s trademark anthem, 'Bring Me My Machine Gun.'”
- Who else wants to hear the apartheid-era struggle song "Umshimi Wami" ("Bring Me My Machine Gun") that's been appropriated as a campaign song by Mr. Zuma? You've come to the right place:
- I'm not sure the ringtone version is still available. But if it is, you know what's going on my international phone this summer.
- Well, Mugabe's an all-around bad guy. Nobody disputes that. So why not claim that he's stolen the Ark of the Covenant?
- Check out what Cal Thomas has to say at the end of this piece.
- Glad to see that in these times of economic crisis and global security threat they're taking care of important legislative priorities in the great state of Tennessee.
- These are some amazing pictures from Lake Kivu in the 1930's and 1940's.
- Rick Warren blatantly lied on Larry King Live last night. One would think that the guy who's perfected the use of technology to get his message across would remember that once you say something on television, it's out there forever.