"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


deep thoughts from museveni

One of the disadvantages to finishing my PhD is that I now have to clean out seven years' worth of books, files, articles, journals, notebooks and other assorted stuff from my office. But in the process, I'm finding some very amusing relics from fieldwork and graduate school in general. Take, for example, a little book I picked up in Kampala a few years back, Yoweri Museveni in His Own Words (1986-2005). This gem is a compilation of 86 of the Ugandan president's thoughts on politics, society, religion, and Rwanda.

It's pretty much priceless.

I can't possibly keep these precious words of wisdom to myself, so I thought it would be fun to share in a regular feature. Without further ado, here's the first in what will be a very long series:
"Those who say that Museveni is engaged in telling lies have not studied the history of Uganda." (2000)



Blogger kizzie said...

pass them on:)I'm graduating (undergrad!) in a month and I have to take all my books and papers back home to Sudan. I don't know how I'm gonna do that:(

Sunday, April 26, 2009 1:28:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home