this & that
- The Congolese government and the CNDP have made it official: they're in love forever. Or at least until the next falling out. CNDP gets to be a political party, and all their war criminals will get amnesty. Kamazani signed for the CNDP, but there's no word on whether Betty gave it her hoofprint of approval.
- Speaking of the Congo, M. Sarkozy is headed that way. No word on whether sa femme will also be making the journey.
- Cheating on papers is now a global sport. The very simple solution to this dilemma is to give the students assignments that can't be duplicated by a Nigerian entrepreneur. That's why I send them to the capitol.
- Here's a very interesting commentary on the collapse of Culture 11 & the problems conservatives have with understanding the culture they hate.
- Facebook isn't doing so well. That seems to be what happens when you make your website unusable and refuse to listen to your users' critiques.
- The pope had some thoughts on evil last week in Angola. He's apparently back in Rome, to the relief of all of us who weren't sure what would come out of his mouth next.
- Things are a little bit better in Zimbabwe, at least for those who have access to U.S. dollars. Those who don't are suffering even more. At least the cholera epidemic appears to be subsiding.