this & that
- Here's a very helpful list of journalists blogging from Africa.
- Alex de Waal has an excellent post on the Bashir warrant at the ICC. (HT: Chris Blattman)
- Speaking of Sudan, Bashir says he'll throw out all the aid groups, oh, yes, he will. 'Cause nothing builds popular support for your regime like starving half the population.
- Instability continues in Madagascar.
- Things also aren't going so well in Sierra Leone.
- Christian Bale = Kermit the Frog. Or vice-versa?
- Maybe I should try showing my students how surfing Facebook during class makes them dumber.
- About eleven years ago, my family went on vacation in the Swiss Alps. We visited a cute little town near the Lichtenstein border called Appenzell. It was nice enough, but kindof boring. Apparently, things aren't nearly so dull in Appenzell now.