this & that
- You know, I've met many African politicians and strongmen who think of themselves as "God's gift" to their country/womankind/etc. But I've never met one who used it as a campaign slogan.
- I love Texas as much as anyone. And what bad could possibly come from allowing fireworks sales at the windiest time of year, anyway?
- Obama's people are vetting prayers at the events at which he speaks. That's as bad as W.
- Reverend Billy's running for mayor of New York, sanctified hair and all. Changealujah!
- How freaking hard is it to make sure that political nominees pay their taxes? Ron Kirk, you have disappointed me.
- Dartmouth's new president is part of Paul Farmer's celebrity doctor operation. I don't know what the Ivies will do with someone whose career involves actually helping people rather than sitting in expensive hotel conference rooms in Davos and the Hague talking about helping people.