"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


this & that


Blogger euphrony said...

Re: politicians and taxes - it's soooooo hard to keep straight what's above the table and what's below the table. What do I report and what do I hide?

Re: Rev. Billy - the suit makes the hair

Re: prayer vetting - nothing like pandering to religious communities while simultaneously watering them all down to meaninglessness and forgetting that pesky 1st Amendment clause.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 8:08:00 AM

Blogger austinokie said...

what a shame that Baylor can't even begin to play in that league when it comes to Presidential candidates. Imagine a head of BU who wanted to "train an army of leaders to engage with the world", the kind of language one used to hear from Abner and Herb.....

There are such people out there REGENTS!!!

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:03:00 AM

Anonymous Michael Westmoreland-White said...

I was not thrilled with Ron Kirk for Trade Rep BEFORE this because of his pro-NAFTA and weak on labor policies.

I absolutely agree that the vetting prayers thing is horrid. I propose mass flooding of Whitehouse.gov about it--and making a stink in the media. It'll stop.

I was and remain a strong Obama supporter, but I never had the hero-worship of some. He's a politician. The best of them have feet of clay--which is why we also need progressive grassroots movements to PUSH them. As FDR said, "I agree with you--now MAKE me do it!"

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 2:43:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home