this & that: while we were out
- Well, Robert Mugabe's 85th birthday party was everything he could've hoped for and more. Too bad about the riots breaking out over the free meal several thousand people wanted at one of the celebrations.
- Here's one of the reasons I don't shop at Wal-Mart: they pay their workers so little that they cannot live on the salary. Read one worker's story here and think about the high cost of those very low prices.
- I always wondered what they were up to over at the A&A.
- Our local battle over minority voting rights is going to the Supreme Court.
- Having one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the country is just one tiny clue of what a disaster sex education is in Texas. Just one.
- Looks like Goma turned out to watch the Rwandans go home. It remains to be seen whether their mission contributed to long term regional stability. It sure didn't help civilians.
- The Big Picture covered the Congo again this week.
- From the DMN: "Youth Pastors Learn Batman's Fighting Techniques." I have no words. (HT: Brant Hansen)