this & that: waiting for baylor to disappoint us edition
- Ah, low-tax, low-service state government.
- It's SXSW time here in scenic, suddenly freezing cold Austin, Texas. Come hell or high water, I will see Justin Townes Earle at least twice this week. Oh, yes, I will.
- Speaking of, my friend Rod is blogging the film festival part of South-by.
- I'm a little annoyed with the Obama administration for throwing out the term "enemy combatant." Not for legal, human rightsey reasons; it's definitely the right thing to do. But this is the last semester I'm teaching American government, and I don't want to rewrite my Gimo lecture.
- I'm generally opposed to Twitter because it contributes to the atmosphere of oversharing that is ruining our society. Evidence? Here. (My apologies to the good people of Waco, whose jurors did not commit that error as I'd earlier misread the byline.)