"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

2.22.2009

this & that

  • Well, it appears that our man in Zimbabwe had a high old time for his 85th birthday while his countrymen continue to starve/choke to death with cholera around him. I am simultaneously speechless, completely horrified, and a little bit in love with the fact that 2Face Idibia, my favorite Nigerian pop star, is scheduled to perform at one of the gala celebrations. (Mugabe parties for a week, people.) Why do I love 2Face so much? There is one and only one reason:

  • I don't know what it says about me that I just listened to another 2Face single and kindof liked it. I'm pretty sure it's the lyrical prowess. You really should listen to the second verse.
  • It is completely awesome to watch Texas beat OU while listening to 2Face.
  • The state is finally going to hold Judge Sharon Keller to account. It's about time. She should be disbarred. There's just no excuse for her behavior that day. And given the number of people who are wrongfully convicted in our state, every precaution should be taken to ensure that our criminal justice system has gotten it right.
  • S&B is in a little bit of trouble. It's going to be wildly entertaining when someone tries to serve papers at the tomb.
  • You'd think this sort of thing would happen in a place like Austin before it happened in Fairfax County. Right?
  • The effects of hyperactive text messaging are not "down the road;" they're here, now. Parents, the best thing you can do is make your child pay for it him or herself. We're raising a generation of morons with the attention spans of two-year-olds. Don't even get me started on the student who answered her phone during my class a couple of weeks ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home