weekend this & that
- Here's a list of reasons to shop at thrift stores rather than getting involved in the holiday madness. I particularly like the point that thrift stores employ people who are otherwise unemployable.
- As linked to by the above blogger, we really shouldn't shop at the Gap. Unless we want clothes that are sometimes produced by enslaved and abused children in appalling conditions. Even though the Gap tries to fix problems when they discover them, the reality is that it's almost impossible to keep track of every supplier all the time. There's a reason those sales are so good.
- Glad to see that the Austin ISD is hiring such geniuses these days. (HT: David)
- God bless the Portuguese.
- What's your response to human trafficking?