tuesday this & that
- Yes! I always teach my students that it takes the powers that be about a year to call a recession. Now I have a perfect example, because, in case you haven't noticed, we're in a recession. Officially.
- "BCS declares Motel 6 Top Hotel; names McCain Time's Man of the Year"
- Yesterday I received a handout about this miracle product: The Cross Toothbrush. Their website isn't up yet, so you'll just have to take my word that it's special. Very special. Glory!
- Only fourteen days until the Electoral College meets! I know you're all as excited as I am.
- And in the Lovely Cities that Shouldn't Exist department, Venice is flooded.
- Shockingly, Texas Republicans are still imploding on themselves.
(Photo: mine, the currently flooded Piazza San Marco, Venice, August 2000)