tuesday this & that
- Oh, oh, here we go! Wonder what the story with the Midland guy is. At least it's not the tackiness of Clinton proportions.
- Inspired to Action has a new look - check it out!
- I completely agree with every single point in this analysis.
- This is a great idea. (EXCEPT THAT AFRICA IS NOT A COUNTRY. Nor is "Africa" a community. It is thousands of cultures, languages, and traditions. Treating it like one homogenous whole diminishes the reality of that diversity, and it makes it all too easy for us to write off an entire continent as one big basket case of war, disease, and poverty. Which it is not. I'm really glad that more Americans are becoming more sensitive to the suffering that goes on in Africa's countries, but we would never talk about Russia and Vietnam as being representative of "Asia," and we would be insulted to be discussed in the same breath as Nicaragua as "America." We should show Africa's people the same level of respect.) But, really, other than my soapbox issues, giving up wasteful spending to help someone in need is the right thing to do.
- Great. Something else to make air travel miserable.