sunday this & that on saturday
Yawn. I'm so bored watching Tech embarrass itself that we might as well go ahead and do the Sunday this & that now:
- "State Board of Education poised to embarrass Texas again"
- I am tickled pink that someone reached Texas in Africa yesterday by Googling the phrase "Southern women of ill repute." The best part is that it led him/her to a post on the role of women in the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Mark Halperin notes the obvious: the media was just a tiny bit biased in the last election.
- What do The Advisor and Jimmy Carter have in common? Both were denied visas by Robert Mugabe. 30 years apparently makes no difference whatsoever.
- "If a foreign enemy attacks the United States during the Harvard-Yale game any time over the next four years, we’re screwed." - David Brooks
- Reason A-#1 Hillary Clinton for Secretary of State is the worst idea Obama's had so far.
- Another Radio Okapi journalist was murdered in Bukavu this week.