"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)



My heart cannot take much more of this. Picture 27 is where I broke.


Blogger Charlie Mac said...

It was thinking about the implications of things to come in picture 47 that got me. The rest were difficult enough, but there is just something about a suckling baby in the midst of war and famine that strikes fear in my soul.
Charlie Mac

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:14:00 PM

Blogger Roger said...

I am so sorry Laura. These pictures are a stunning window to the suffering. I look at all of them, at every word you write about this because I don't want to turn away.

Maybe your knowledge of all this can make a difference some day for these women, these children.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:15:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home