more election stuff
- The transition website is up.
- Watch this and don't cry.
- There's a baby-naming craze in Kenya. "Pamela Adhiambo, who gave birth to twins – a boy and a girl - on the night after the elections, named them Barack and Michelle Obama. ...Mrs Adhiambo said she hoped the names would motivate her children to work hard and achieve as much as the Obamas."
- Obama picked Congressman Rahm Emanuel as his chief of staff. Emanuel is a piece of work - son of a militant Zionist, he volunteered in the Israeli army during the Gulf War. He also has a reputation for playing hardball; once he sent some pollsters he was mad at a dead fish. In the mail. As politico.com puts it, "If his goal had been to create a cordial bipartisan tone in Washington — much less a calm, profanity-free West Wing — Obama would have looked elsewhere."
- You can pretty much tell from the map (of places John McCain outperformed George W. Bush) where the uneducated racists live. I mean, where there's a high level of white voters with low levels of education and income. Shoot, even Floyd County got more Democratic this year. (Note, click on "Voting Shifts" and look at 2008.)