- Here's the story of how Protegee and her niece were reunited with their mother. (HT: Shannon)
- A MONUC convoy was attacked by civilians and rebels today.
- The situation in the IDP camps is atrocious.
- The basic problem in the DRC with regards to the security situation is that MONUC has to work "in support of" the national army. In most places, this would be a good thing, but in the DRC, the army is just as dangerous as (and much less disciplined than) the rebels. Human rights violations continue to occur on an unimaginable scale, and they are perpetrated by people on every side of the conflict.
- Here's an article on the crisis from the Baptist Standard in which I'm quoted.