sunday this & that
- It's awesome that there are biohazard facilities on Galveston Island. 'Cause, you know, nothing bad ever happens there.
- I'm getting a little tired of the McCain campaign's use of race, fearmongering, and questionably true accusations. Make that a lot tired.
- Palin's "real America" is white, white, white. Really white. This is something we need to have a national conversation on, but the only person I've seen pushing it is Jon Stewart. Why do small town, low-income whites get to claim that they inhabit the "real" America and are therefore more patriotic/closer to God/better people when this country is incredibly diverse by design?
- Even Peggy Noonan thinks the Palin nomination is a disaster.
- Seriously? SERIOUSLY? An official flier for a Republican womens' organization can be this blatantly racist?
- Why nobody can count on "the Latino vote."