"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


i promised myself i wouldn't cry

"What I Learned from Watching the Vice-Presidential Debate"
An essay submitted for extra credit to Professor Texas in Africa
by Jittery James

"[Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...]

"I watched the debate in high definition. What I learned is that Joe Biden has crow's feet and very, very white teeth. Sarah Palin, by contrast, is hot. She knows how to wear makeup and fix her hair and wear a skirt. She doesn't look like most female candidates I've seen.

"[Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...]"


Blogger Gary Snowden said...

I think you ought to break your promise. That one would have brought tears to my eyes.

Are you going to Dallas for the Red River Shootout?

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 5:25:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

No. Sigh. One of my good friends picked Saturday afternoon as a good time to get married.

In her defense, she's Canadian.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 5:41:00 PM

Anonymous kirstin said...

what??? is that student for real? that would tick me off as a teacher.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 5:41:00 PM

Blogger Ray said...

are you kiddin????

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 6:55:00 PM

Blogger Michael said...

Well, that person is factually correct, but intellectually troubled.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 9:23:00 PM

Blogger Roger said...

What part of this imbecilic response that is "factually correct" is that Biden has "crow's feet"; everything else is an opinion and it is gender-slanderous opinion at that.....I watch the prejudiced treatment my wife receives working in a state Baptist agency and that my daughter receives in an advertising company and then I read what this student has said, none of which is "factually correct" and it makes me weary...

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 11:14:00 PM

Blogger euphrony said...

There's no shame in shedding a few tears. Go right ahead. And if these tears turn into red ink on paper, well, who am I to judge?

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 8:32:00 AM

Blogger Elaine Hale said...

Amen, euphrony. T.I.A., I hope you left yourself enough discretion to deny full credit, or at least require therapy of some sort!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 11:24:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home