"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


congo watch

"Congo Accuses Rwanda of Supporting Rebels in East."

In other news, the sky is blue, the stock market is volatile, and colonial cities probably contributed to the rise of HIV/AIDS.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Texas In Africa,

Do you read anything new or different into these accusations from DR Congo towards Rwanda? Do you think this indicates an escalation of current tensions between DRC and Rwanda?

It just seems like more of the same to me, from both sides. Perhaps, I'm being naive.

I did see that the United States issued a statement against Nkunda.

The World Beyond My Front Porch

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 11:39:00 AM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

I think you're exactly right: it's more of the same old thing. Nkunda has stepped up his rhetoric in the past week or so, but it's not likely that he can really expand his war effort unless the Rwandans intervene, which won't happen. The Congolese are right that Nkunda is supported by Rwanda; no one I know on the ground in DRC believes otherwise.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 12:01:00 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Texa In Africa,

I would be very interested in reading your thoughts/opinions about the article linked here



The World Beyond My Front Porch

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 1:55:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home