"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


worth your time

If you're looking for a good explanation of the mortgage crisis that precipitated the bank failures and financial crises we're currently observing, I highly recommend that you listen to an episode of This American Life that aired last spring. It's an hour long, you can listen for free online, and I promise that it's the most informative and entertaining way you'll find to learn about what actually happened. I'm thinking of ditching my normal lecture on the economy this semester and just having my students listen to it instead. It's that good.


Anonymous Sister said...

I listened to the whole thing, and wow, are they good at explaining horribly complicated stuff in understandable terms.

Monday, September 15, 2008 5:39:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home