"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


while we were out...

...Texas in Africa (the blog, not the blogger) turned three. Friday, to be specific, marked three years of senseless pontificating, opinionated & snide writing, and the occasional post about something meaningful. While this year is going to be incredibly busy, we'll do our best to keep up the tradition of acting our age. I guess that means that, like with any real three-year-old, you can expect this year's edition of Texas in Africa to be willful, stubborn, and fiercely independent. Thanks for sticking with me for the ride.


Blogger Kevin Bussey said...


Tuesday, September 02, 2008 6:14:00 PM

Anonymous Sister said...

You've been willful, stubborn, and fiercely independent your whole life...

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 7:14:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Oh, shut up.

Thanks, Kevin.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 8:07:00 PM

Blogger Gary Snowden said...


Congratulations on the 3 years. I always enjoy visiting your blog. It doesn't hurt either that you root for the right football team.


Tuesday, September 02, 2008 8:23:00 PM

Blogger CharlieMac said...

I know what it is like to have a bossy sister. I have enjoyed "knowing" you for however long it has been since I found this blog. It is interesting and diverse. Keep it up whatever adn whereever you go.
Charlie Mac

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 8:26:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Oh, Mac, my sister will kill me if I don't point out that I'm the bossy older sister. Guilty as charged.

Thanks, y'all!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 9:54:00 PM

Blogger euphrony said...

Funny, you don't look a day over 2 and a half.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 8:43:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home