"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


congo watch

More fighting near Sake today.

I'm parsing out an idea for an article on seasonal patterns of violence. The only problem is that I can't figure out if this is really an interesting question or not. I mean, I'm interested in it, but will it tell us anything valuable about the nature of conflict, when conflicts are likely to occur, and how to prevent them?

Anyone have any thoughts?


Anonymous kirstin said...

We read about seasonal patterns of suicides, and I imagine there are seasonal patterns to some crimes like robbery here in the US. It seems like a valid topic and I'd be curious to know more about it.

Sometimes I think much research we do is not immediately useful, so I'm not too worried about that part of your question!

Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:19:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home