"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


back to school

Well, today was day 1 and we're already off and running:

Texas in Africa, to the ginormous auditorium of anonymous faces: "So, what's going on in politics right now?"

Student on back row of ginormous auditorium, after his hand shot up and I said, "Yes?": "McCain picked that lady from Alaska and her kid is pregnant."

Rest of class, while Texas in Africa rolls her professorial eyes: laughter and applause.

Oh, yes, ladies and gentlemen, we are back. At least he didn't say "knocked up."


Blogger UPennBen said...

That sounds like at least a B answer to me.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:15:00 PM

Blogger Michael said...

I actually like getting those responses. They are so much better than boring scholarly talk I'm use to. Plus, I bet most people in America think the same way as that poor child.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 7:00:00 AM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Yeah, the sad part is that I was glad one of them had gotten away from Facebook long enough to know what's going on.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:45:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home