"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)



My hatred of American Airlines is, I believe, fairly well-documented on this blog. It has something to do with reroutes via Des Moines and Istanbul for a trip that was supposed to go through Raleigh and London, waiting in line for two hours in Lima because they only have four people checking in 300 passengers for a 7am flight, and the fact that I now just plan to spend 6-8 hours at DFW when transferring there because something is inevitably going to go wrong. I don't know. Maybe I'm just impatient.

After flying American again in August and "getting" to spend several hours waiting for a flight because my first flight took off so late, then boarding the plane, then being deplaned because of a mechanical failure, then finally getting back home about six hours later than planned, I swore them off. For good.

Well, today, my American Advantage gold card arrived. Seems I've accrued enough miles to not only get a free ticket to Europe, but also to get free upgrades and check-in at the first class counter whenever I fly American.

Darn it.

At least I can go to Istanbul for free this time.


Post a Comment

<< Home