weekend this & that
- KBH ain't so sure about the Palin pick, either. It's not sour grapes. She definintely didn't want the job, and the next Texas Republican gubernatorial primary is going to be one spectcular exercise in implosion.
- Richard Land, however, is giddy as a schoolgirl.
- Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Texas AG takes the middle road on the implementation of the Bible class bill. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it was probably a smart political move.
- The newest plague on the Congo? Cattle rustling.
- This is a fascinating map of the body parts most frequently mentioned in different genres of music. Gospel? Hands. Country? Eyes. Hip-hop? You can probably guess. (Warning, this isn't appropriate for children.)
- For those of us who spend our days writing theses, dissertations, books, etc., here's an amusing diversion. HT to the Attorney.
- And, finally, Monday is Labor Day, which means that Monday is Austin's free day of yoga, where you can go to classes at most of the city's yoga studios for free. A couple of years ago when the Librarian and the Attorney kept me from being homeless after I returned from Congo, we discovered that there's something called Austin Naked Yoga. I won't link to their site here, but I'll just say that the Librarian and I laughed for hours over the FAQ. Bless their hearts, they're once again having free yoga on Monday. If only the Austin Body Choir were part of the free open house as well...
- Enjoy the weekend, y'all, and please watch a bunch of football for me. I'm still locked in the conference hotel with the political scientists. More on that later.