"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


more on edwards

Here's a profile on why Chet Edwards will be helped by all the VP buzz - and on what an excellent choice he would be for the office. I still don't believe it will happen, partly because John Edwards' peccadillos could hurt a politician of the same name before an electorate that's often confused.

But we can hope that Obama had the sense to pick a truly good person over an east coaster who likes to hear himself talk, no?


Blogger Michael said...

can i write chet in regardless of who the candidates and their running mates are?

Friday, August 22, 2008 3:37:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

I wrote in Mack Brown for governor last time around. Why not?

Friday, August 22, 2008 4:35:00 PM

Blogger UPennBen said...

You did not! Chet would be more interesting than Bayh. Drudge is reporting that a company has been hired to produce Obama/Bayh bumper stickers. All I know is I'm not on any text messaging lists.

Friday, August 22, 2008 6:11:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Oh, yes I did!

Bayh wouldn't be awful. Biden, however, would lose the election for Obama within a month. I can almost guarantee it.

Friday, August 22, 2008 7:07:00 PM

Anonymous Michael Westmoreland-White said...

I'm not going to argue with you about why Bayh (whom I know) would be FAR worse than Biden.

I want to ask, instead, about this rising profile for Chet Edwards who, except for his unfortunate last name, would be a great choice. Rumor has it that Kay Baily Hutchinson (R-TX) is retiring from the U.S. Senate in '10 in order to run for Texas governor. Do you think that this new attention would make Chet Edwards a good candidate for that open seat?

I care far more about building a truly progressive majority in Congress than I do about just winning the White House, important as that is.

P.S., if there is a surprise, today,and it is not Biden, I hope it is Wes Clark.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:30:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home