"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


"asia" is not a country

My friend Regina is looking for a good way for kids to learn the U.S. states and capitals. Of course, my first thought was the Animaniacs song. Which led to me remembering how much I loved this song back in the day...


Blogger euphrony said...

Always a favorite. Many a fond memory of recording Animaniacs and watching when I got hope from work.

Monday, July 07, 2008 10:01:00 PM

Anonymous the librarian said...

Oh Animaniacs...Back in the days when cartoons weren't all TV versions of crazy Japanese card games.

"Fifty Nifty United States" is a great way to learn the states. I learned it in the 5th grade and taught the part that lists the states to my 5th graders. They're in alphabetical order.
Here's a pretty annoying You Tube video, but at least you can hear the song:

Here are the lyrics:

I don't know a fun way to learn the capitals. But knowing the states is a big help.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 10:36:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home