"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


outta here

I love my tent.

Seriously. If I were a songwriter of the sort who writes about inanimate objects as though they were worthy of praise, I would write a song about how excellent my REI Half Dome Plus 2 is in every respect, how it's kept me dry in fierce rainstorms and cozy on cold nights. It's been through a lot, and it never lets me down. It is also remarkably resistant to tearing and leaking. And it's very lightweight, which is super important to me.

Thus it is that even though it's 100-and-ninety degrees outside and the only sensible thing to do is sit in a bathtub of ice water eating popsicles, this weekend, I'm going camping with a group of friends. And my tent. See y'all on the flip side.


Blogger David said...

Dear Miss Texas in Africa (if you will),

Very much amused by the antics of your students and the most inarticulate generation, I shall be sharing that. thought I would direct you to a friend of mine's blog, she is a San Franciso librarian. foxylibrarians.blogspot.com Pleasure camping with you this weekend. Take care.

Dave Hull

Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:10:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home