"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


library randomness

As you may have guessed, I have a close, personal relationship with the people at ILS in our lovely, Texas-shaped library. I order obscure books to be shipped in from other places like nobody's business, because, well, when the Library of Congress can't get you access to the books you need, ILS is the last best chance you've got. (Cases in point: Friday I sent one back to the Fleming Library at Southwestern Seminary. Today I picked one up from Brigham Young.) I take the five-minute walk to the library at least twice a week, so much so that the guards know that my books, being non-UT books, are going to set the security alarms off.

It's awesome being a nerd.

Today I was standing there waiting for the guy to find my latest shipment and I looked over at the guy standing next to me and thought, "I know him." "I know you," I said, and we figured out it was because we went to church together in Waco, where he studied Classics with a bunch of my friends. It is such a small world. Even in the library.


OpenID awesomeave said...

"It's awesome being a nerd."

I kid you not, that's about to be my new quote on facebook...

Monday, June 09, 2008 9:08:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...


Monday, June 09, 2008 9:32:00 PM

Blogger Arnie Adkison said...

ACtually, the best of both worlds is to be a nerd trapped in an athlete's body. Straight A's AND still fun at parties...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 1:53:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home