"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


edwards for vp? update

Update on the Chet Edwards story: he hasn't been contacted by Obama's VP team as of yet.

Why not? Seems like Edwards has a lot of the credentials and personal qualities Obama needs to shore up his ticket, including, but not limited to, being from a solidly conservative Southern state, being a serious Christian, his experience on the Homeland Security subcommittee, and having tons of experience in defense policy, as well as all the stuff I mentioned in the earlier post.

Edwards is also the kind of politician who can help figure out a sensible way to end the Iraq war - one that doesn't cause any more unnecessary loss of life and that gets us out in a way that leaves the country stable and secure.


Blogger Michael said...

Chet Edwards was my Congressman until I moved for college. He's a good, solid guy. Even though I'm a conservative (NOT Republican, NOT neoconservative) I would vote for Chet. I would be both shocked and pleased if this were the pick. And on a side-note, my grandmother would prolly go block walking if she knew Chet was Veep. She loves the guy.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:41:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Right, and voters like you are key to why Edwards has been able to hang on in his district even after the 2003 redistricting.

Chet on the ticket might just be enough to get me over to the Obama side.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:05:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home