This is how small my world is:
Today I visited a D.C. church for the first time. B, one of my best friends from high school who just moved to this city, came with me. At one point after the service (which was great), we were in a circle of people that included:
- Friends from church in Connecticut, including their daughter for whom I used to babysit, who, although she is perpetually 12 in my mind, is now actually a college student.
- A teammate from the Baylor Model UN team who used to be married to a girl from Franklin whose sisters had the piano lesson before my sister and I.
- Of course, B knows these people.
- The pastor of the church, who promised to report my attendance to my pastor so I'd get "church points." (Me: "But I'm on vacation!")
- Someone I've never met, but who went to seminary with, knows, and loves my sister, and who recognized me because she was a guest at the Wedding of the Century.
It's a little scary, no?