"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

5.13.2008

brave sacrifice

So what has your president done to signal that he cares about our troops who are fighting and dying in a war he started?

He's given up golf.

You can't make this stuff up:

“'I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,' he said. 'I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.'”

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are a few other, more substantive ways the president could "be in solidarity" with our soldiers' families.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tauratinzwe said...

Let's see,

He could bring them home.

He could provide for the wounded.

He could provide education for them after they return.

He could BRING THEM HOME.

(My son served a year in Iraq and was promised he could go to college for officer training. He's been accepted by Auburn, but the army is delaying the paperwork for his scholarship. Instead they have him in reconassiance [sorry, I can't spell that correctly] training.

Bush could KEEP THEM HOME.

(Or maybe HE could go to the front or send members of his family in solidarity with the troops.)

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:21:00 AM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Exactly. I'm sorry your son isn't getting his scholarship like he's supposed to. And I'm thankful for his service, and that he returned safely.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:25:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home