this and that
- Yeah, so what we all knew to be true is true: torture techniques were approved by everybody from the Vice-President on down. Calling them something else doesn't make it less true.
- I live in a healthy zip code. This is because I live in a wealthy zip code.
- Fabindia.com rocks.
- The fantastic Robert Hass won a Pulitzer in poetry this week. Here's a great poem to show why. (I got to have lunch with Hass and Czeslaw Milosz once. It was pretty much amazing.)
- It's been a year since the Virginia Tech massacre. The family of the perpetrator needs your prayers, too.
- I want this job. Except for the shilling for corporate overlords part. Seriously, this article is dead-on about the ways mobile phones are being used in the developing world. They're already operating like ATM's in Congo, which is saying something in a country that has a, shall we say, very limited banking system.
- It's possible that someone has been in the Mara for just a bit too long.