"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


a quiet day

Not really. This is the first real quiet I've had all day, sitting in my living room with nothing electronic but my laptop on, listening to my neighbor's windchimes.

It wasn't a bad day. I lectured on the Civil Rights movement in my morning class. They asked good questions. Got good work done on my dissertation during my morning office hours and beyond. Caught up with a couple of colleagues. Worked on my afternoon lecture and caught up on email during my afternoon office hours. Got observed by my boss while lecturing on the economy to my afternoon class. He was pleased and will write a letter for my job file, which is great. He also offered me a job for next year.

Got home and there was a free plane ticket from Southwest, which is just about perfect since I want to spend a couple of weeks in DC in May.

But despite all this activity, it's been a quiet day. And I haven't had much to say here. These next two weeks are Big Weeks for me. Lots of aspects of my dissertation/career/life that have been up in the air for months will be settled. I'm not nervous about it. I'm not worried. I think it's all going to work out just fine one way or the other.

But for now, I'm just feeling quiet.


Post a Comment

<< Home