"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


a photoshop-free tour of andersonville

Even though it seems like I'm always in a hurry when I'm here, I really do like Chicago (except for the freezing cold temperatures it is APRIL, people, it should not be 44!). It's a city of great, funky neighborhoods, and the one in which Melissa the Missionary and the Filmmaker live is no exception. M and I walked to dinner tonight at a place that is Somethin', and here are some of the gems we passed:

This would be Gethsemane. Gardening Center.

Then there's the Philadelphia Church, where the time is apparently always right for salvation, because the clock has no hands:And, finally, who would take a cruise with these guys?

This is, coincidentally, the same neighborhood that the Northwestern students told us all the grad students live in when I was here on a recruiting visit six years ago this week. Hmmmm....


Anonymous Lindsey said...

haha, i LOVE that nineveh travel. that's hysterical.
kind of reminds me of that veggie tales jonah movie...i feel like this very easily could have been in that movie.

Friday, April 04, 2008 5:25:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home