"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

4.23.2008

oops

So although some students are DRIVING ME OFF THE DEEP END with their end-of-semester whining and excuses, there are many that I'm going to miss. It's registration season at UT, and in my 9am class today, several students asked what I'm teaching in the fall. It's a good feeling to know that they want to take another class from you, although unfortunately I have to tell them that I'm stuck in my own private purgatorio of teaching the same course over and over and over and over again (we're at 7 times and counting, with 3-5 more scheduled for the year to come).

But just when I'm starting to feel like I made a difference in their educations, I get this email from a student who wrote to thank me for the class:

"...I now habitually listen to Sean Hannity and Mark Levin. I find myself agreeing with both of those very strong conservatives."

What have I done?!?

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon De Leon said...

this might make you feel better:

http://itsababynotbrainsurgery.blogspot.com/

Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:10:00 AM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!

That strawberry story is still awesome.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:16:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home