"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

4.24.2008

it's the passivity that makes this special

This is what Melissa the Missionary gave me when I was in Chicago. Isn't it special? Jesus is so passive and angelic, while the Romans are going about their work as though it were a routine Habitat build rather than the execution of the son of God.

It's from Ethiopia. I really have no idea what to do with it. My sister suggested hanging it over the toilet, but I don't want to scare my houseguests.

(To be fair, my gift to her was a plush set of the Ten Plagues of Egypt.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sister said...

Excuse me? You never told me about this, and therefore I never suggested hanging it over the toilet. Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else? Besides, your bathroom has another theme entirely and the walls are already full.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:10:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Huh. That must've been somebody else. I really thought we discussed it on the phone.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Ann said...

ten plagues? omg.

Friday, April 25, 2008 8:33:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home