"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


funny things my students wrote

This is definitely in the all-time top 10. As always, I give it to you uncorrected:

"Also, republican party can raise more money which help them do well in champaign."

Same exam, a bit farther down:

"Political parties ... choose candidate from two evils."


Anonymous Sister said...

It sounds like this person's first language is not English--perhaps an Asian language or Russian. Am I right?

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 6:01:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

If I say yes, are you going to get mad at me?

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:53:00 PM

Anonymous Sister said...

No, I'll just be proud of myself for guessing correctly. But it is kind of mean to mock someone taking an exam in a language s/he learned after puberty (I'm guessing, anyway). Besides, the Republicans just might do better in Champaign, IL, and the second statement seems pretty true most of the time, anyway!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:27:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home