"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


congo watch

Oh my.... The plane never took off - it just ploughed across the road, into the houses and shops that are across the street at the end of the runway.

I could not tell you how many times I've been on that street.

BBC reports that most aboard apparently survived and that the governor reports nine casualties.

(Getty image)


Anonymous Kelsey said...

WOW how terrible!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 5:15:00 PM

Blogger CharlieMac said...

I thought of you as soon as I heard news of the crash. I wondered if you had been there.
I hope your friends are OK.
Mac McFatter
Semmes, Al

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 5:49:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Thanks, Mac. I've been getting emails from friends in the states all day, but nothing from Goma. I'm assuming that no news is good news.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:15:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home