"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


acl lineup 2008

Well, the lineup is out for ACL 2008, and I have to say, it's a little disappointing. No super big names except for Beck and the Raconteurs (I'm sorry, but the Foo Fighters? Who cares? Maybe in 1999.), although I am SUPER excited about seeing Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. (Their 2007 Raising Sand album is amazing.) That said, there are a few interesting acts on the lower half of the bill and a good number of local bands. But the vast majority of acts on the list have played the festival before, and that's the problem. Don't bore us, C3.


Blogger LJ said...

I was pretty disappointed as well. I was hoping something would tempt me to splurge and go, but I'm thinking it might not be in the cards for ACL '08...

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:48:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

Yeah, I'm thinking Bonaroo was the right choice for this year.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:27:00 PM

OpenID awesomeave said...

Foos won a Grammy or two this year and consistently put out awesome albums. Don't mock my Foos.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:27:00 PM

Blogger texasinafrica said...

I knew I'd hear from you about this! :)

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:57:00 AM

Blogger UPennBen said...

I like the Foo Fighters, but if you're going to have Robert Plant there, let's just get the Led Zeppelin reunion underway to headline. I think I'll just go one day this year.

You're going to Bonnaroo? Lucky!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:10:00 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home