"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)


your turn

So I need a hostess gift for Melissa the Missionary, with whom I will be staying in freezing cold Chicago next week. As longtime readers know, Melissa the Missionary and I have been engaged in the Battle of the Tacky Christian Products for almost ten years now. And I need something good to get her back for the "Jingle with Joy for Jesus" bell that showed up in my mailbox awhile back.

So, gentle readers, I'm leaving it up to you. What would better thank Melissa for her generous hospitality, a 10 Plagues of Egypt toy , a Pope Cake (which is perfect since she's getting her PhD from the Catholics, but may be hard as it apparently has to be ordered from Italy), or a Praise Workout Circuit Training video?

It's too bad they don't sell Miracle Wrap by the roll. Vote early and vote often, 'cause I've got to hurry up with this.


Blogger euphrony said...

Does she have a Wii? If so, you could try to get her the Jesus avatar. Ya know, that way she can go bowling and beat Jesus - but in a nice way.

Monday, March 24, 2008 9:17:00 AM

Blogger Heather said...

I know this is a month late but I just wanted to say thanks for supporting us in Uganda. It was great to know we had friends out there praying and there for us. I just wanted to say thanks. H

Monday, March 24, 2008 1:27:00 PM

Anonymous the librarian said...

I love the idea of the Jesus avatar! If she doesn't have a Wii, I say go with the video. I wonder if they use anything by the Apologetix?

Monday, March 24, 2008 6:51:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home